Construction Excellence Awards 2020 Finalist: LABS House
ODInteriors has been announced as a finalist in the Value category, as well as for the Conservation & Regeneration category, in the Construction Excellence Awards 2020. Alongside project partners Moxon Architects, the LABS House refurbishment in Central London has also been selected for the ‘head-to-head’ on July 2nd.
The whole scheme for the new flagship site for client LabTech, has been designed to add value for the users. The flexible design, incorporated with high tech digital features, allows LABS members to choose their seating according to preferences. Services are pre-bookable online, and hireable offices/meeting rooms can be booked via a phone app.
- The ground floor entrance was reconfigured to provide coworking and break out space for both public and private member use.
- A newly formed double height atrium was crucial for spatial intervention and drawing natural light into the open plan entrance that accommodates lounge seating and designated desk spaces for coworking.
- The atrium was enlarged through the structural frame by more than 100%.
- The public area boasts a new casual dining restaurant with state-of-the art kitchen facilities.
- A marble clad cocktail bar with a feature blockwork plinth flanks the main presentation area whilst bespoke seating booths and shelving provide pockets of casual seating areas across the floor suitable for working or relaxing.
- A second double height open plan space is located on the seventh floor of the building, offering views across north east Holborn. Defined by a new bespoke black steel railing around the eighth-floor opening, the space will act as the building’s main event and presentation space.
- State-of-the-art audio-visual equipment has been strategically integrated within the event space to facilitate functions and presentations for up to 300 people.
- An entire wall of the existing core has been clad with bespoke plywood lockers to provide secure storage for members.
- Large capacity lockers have also been provided to allow safe storage for foldable bicycles.
Read more about it here.
Case study: LABS House
Location: Bloomsbury Way, London
Size: 80,000 sqft
Duration: 28 weeks
Project Manager: RLB
Quantity Surveyor: RLB