- Location: Bloomsbury Way, London
- Value: £10,500,000
- Size: 80,000 sqft
- Duration: 28 weeks
LABS House is the new flagship site for client, LabTech, and the latest addition to the LABS Holborn campus. The 80,000 sq. ft scheme saw the redevelopment of the existing Bupa House, located on Bloomsbury Way, into a nine-floor co-working space with a combination of private and public member areas.
The nine-storey scheme, which has an increased capacity of 1,700, combines cutting-edge access technology with market-leading facilities, all supported by a distinctive design that retains the building’s original charm and character creating a unique and characterful workspace.
The client wanted to create a state-of-the-art co-working facility that really stood out from an already over-crowded market of co-working offerings.
Project Manager: RLB
Quantity Surveyor: RLB
Quantity Surveyor: Bultler & Young
- Standalone MEP system
- Window refurbishment and a Crittall glazing system
- Multiple meeting spaces and open plan co-working space
- Restaurants & bars
- Dedicated gym
- New lighting and feature lighting
- Bespoke joinery and timber and stone floor finishes
- New internal solid and glazed partitions
- Structural alterations to the atrium