- Location: Osterly
- Size: 180,000 sqft
- Duration: 52 weeks
Sky was looking to carry out an upgrade and modifications to their occupied office and studio facilities at their busy Osterley Campus in order to modernise and streamline, amalgamating two parts of Sky operations that carried out similar processes.
With the works being carried out in a live environment and to a challenging programme, it was vital that the works were carried out using a sensitive, flexible and collaborative approach.
ODInteriors delivered the 180,000 sqft fit out and re-stack of the office, gallery and studio spaces including the expansion of multiple technical equipment rooms, editing suites, galleries and associated areas to transform the campus.
With the campus and spaces remaining live on a 24/7 basis in order to meet the demanding programme the works were delivered on a phased basis by our 24/7 on site team.
Project Manager: PSG/JLL
Quantity Surveyor: Aecom
M&E Services: Arup
Acoustic Engineer: Arup
- Digital studios, gallery spaces and TX suites
- Creation of over 30 editing and transmission suites in landlocked areas
- A new Sky News room seating over 100 people
- Extension of 2no. business critical server rooms that handle all Sky digital content
- Introduction of a new riser to facilitate increased demand for resilient cooling
- Structural modifications
- New flooring (including 1m high pedestal systems)
- 60% of all construction carried out within 30 metres of live on air filming position
- Circa 2,500 people relocated and re-stacked by the project