Marks & Spencer
- Location: Paddington, London
- Size: 240,000 sqft
- Duration: 48 weeks
M&S were looking for a contractor to deliver the refurbishment works of approximately 240,000 sq. ft. of office accommodation arranged over Upper Ground to Level 10 (11 Floors) on a phased approach in line with M&S’s Smarter Working Initiative.
ODInteriors delivered the works over 5 phases, developed in agreement with the M&S team and building management to allow their staff to remain in occupation throughout.
Swing space was created at each stage of the programme, with move management planned into the programme to allow M&S staff to vacate floors prior to strip out and commencement of works. Staff were then moved into the newly completed works releasing a new area for works.
Architect: Space Lab
Project Manager: Bruce Shaw
Quantity Surveyor: Bruce Shaw
- Strip out
- Preliminary works (e.g. reconfiguring of all systems in compliance with new layout, dismantling works etc)
- Interior construction and finishing works including floors, ceilings, partitions, doors, fixtures and fittings
- Mechanical works including HVAC, hot/cold water services, drainage and fire suppression
- Electrical works including lighting, power, UPS and other works
- Management of client direct IT and AV installation
- Move management and client migration